Peeps, I’ve been tagged by the lovely Megan at Notes From the Bench to tell you 7 random facts about myself. And would I turn down an opportunity to share more of my quirks and craziness with you? Never.
Let’s get this party started.
1. I’m a creature of habit. I love routine, and I tend to get stressy (my own word) if I’m taken out of my routine. Of course, this includes going on vacation…something that normal people get super excited about. Don’t get me wrong, I get excited for vacation too, but it comes with a lovely added side of stress because ZOMG…THE ROUTINE! SHE IS CHANGING! I know, I need help.
2. I really, really want to open up an animal shelter with my husband when we both retire. (Preferably said shelter will be in a warmer locale than where we currently reside.) I have loved animals ever since I was a little kid, and adopted my cat 2 weeks after I moved into my first apartment after college. Luckily, hubs is just as much of an animal lover as I am — hence our 2 dog and 1 cat menagerie at home –so I’m pretty sure he’s on board with this plan.
3. When eating, I eat things one at a time and finish whatever I’m eating completely before moving on to the next thing. For example, if I have chicken, potatoes, and veggies, I will eat all of the veggies first, then move on to the potatoes and finish all of those, and then finish with the chicken. No mixing or going back and forth. I used to do this without realizing it, until someone noticed at lunch one day. Ever since, I’ve noticed it…but I haven’t changed it!
4. My favorite color is pink (um, hello…have you seen my wedding pictures?!) but when we have kids, if we have a girl I’m adopting a “no pink” policy. In fact, hubs and I have agreed that when the time comes for bambinos, we’re not going to find out the gender of the baby until he/she is born. Yep, we’re doing it up old school. This always generates the question, “but HOW will you decorate the NURSERY?” I’m envisioning something like the nursery that Sherry and John at Young House Love created for their daughter, Clara. It’s so gorgeous!
5. When I was in elementary school, I entered a Halloween crayola coloring contest. I ended up winning (!) and got a gift certificate to Toys ‘R Us, which I promptly used to purchase a Play-Doh fun factory. To date, it’s one of the few things I can ever remember winning!
6. I like to clean our house. (Yes, I realize that this might make me a bit of a masochist and/or Monica from Friends) It’s a great feeling knowing that our house is in order — the kitchen and bathrooms are clean, the carpets are vacuumed, the floors have been steam mopped (thanks for the steam mop recommendation, Megan!) and the laundry is done. I hate clutter, so I’m constantly picking things up and giving them a “home” (be it in a closet or in a garbage can). The upside of this? If we have people randomly drop by our house, I never have to worry that it looks dirty!
7. And finally, you know how sometimes people get a song stuck in their head? It repeats over and over in their mind, and makes them a little nutty? Yeah. Well, that happens to me, too…but it also happens with weird words, and odd names (like that Ochocinco guy).
Alright, I think that’s about enough from me for one day! To pass this award on to some other lovely ladies, I’m tagging:
Have fun, girls! Can’t wait to read your answers!